Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Food Blog Proposal Reflection

Food Blog Proposal Reflections

            After reviewing the food blog proposal, I now think I have a solid idea of what direction I want to go with my blog. My blog posts are going to fall under the category of “life in the strip” and then from there, be broken down into either cultural experience posts or simply restaurant recommendation posts. Specifically, the cultural experience posts will highlight the Italian and Polish ties to the food in the strip while the restaurant recommendations will tell the readers what great options the strip has to offer. The last piece of the blog relates to how I will incorporate my evidence. I have already found old newspaper excerpts that will serve as a great resource in explaining the rich history of the strip, but what I believe will be even more useful to me will be my family’s ties to the strip district. I plan on asking them questions about the strip in the mid 1900s to full grasp how it has come about today. I won’t display these conversations as a script in the blog posts but instead summarize what they have said whenever it seems necessary.


            Now that I have separated my blog into two categories and fully defined my research goals, my blog will be set to take off once we start getting into it.

1 comment: